Application Process and Checklist
In order to successfully complete the application you will need to complete the following tasks. (See below for eligibility requirements and pricing.)
- Complete the application form [Retaking the exam? Re-apply to retake the exam.]
- Pay your certification fees
- When your application is complete, you will receive the exam scheduling information from a DAA staff member. If your application is incomplete or if additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
In order to become a Certified Web Analyst™, web analysts must meet the DAA’s examination, education and experience requirements. Individuals can meet the eligibility requirements by fulfilling either of the following two options:
- High-school diploma (or global equivalent) and five years of online business experience, with at least three of those years focused on web analytics experience within the range of topics described in the Knowledge Required for Certification document.
- Four year degree (bachelor’s or global equivalent) and three years of web analytics experience within the range of topics described in the Knowledge Required for Certification document.
- In some cases, individuals may substitute related experience in other analytical disciplines such as business intelligence and database marketing to meet up to two years of the work experience listed above.
- Individuals may substitute one year of additional online business experience for two years of the education listed in Option 2 above.
Decisions on the acceptance of substitutions will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the before submitting your application.
About the Certification Exam, Locations & Dates
Applicants must pass the DAA certification exam in order to be certified. In order to ensure the security and integrity of the certification program, the exam will only be offered at proctored exam locations.
Paper-and-pencil examinations will be administered at eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summits, the Official Summit of the DAA, DAA Symposiums and at other special exam sessions arranged by DAA. Individuals do not have to register for eMetrics in order to take the DAA Certification Exam. See where the Paper Exams are currently offered.
Upon completion of the DAA application process, individuals will receive a confirmation notice for the requested date and location that will allow entrance to the special exam session.
The final date to submit application forms may vary per exam. Please contact the if you’d like to know whether seating is still available with less than a week remaining before an event.
Computer-based daily testing options are available worldwide at over 170 centers in US and 60 centers internationally – apply now!
See where the Paper Exams are currently offered.
Computerized testing centers are available in the following locations:
- United States
- Australia, Argentina, Bermuda, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Egypt, Guam, India, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Marshall Islands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom [use the drop down menu to select the country of choice]
If you are located outside of the USA and there is not an international testing center in your area, please contact the for more information on possible testing options.
*Suggest a location where you would like to see DAA
certification testing available by sending an email to the . DAA will attempt to make testing available in requested locations. When sending your suggestion please also send your contact information where we may send an update to you by email.
Applications are now being accepted. Daily testing options are be available at over 170 proctored computer-based testing centers in the United States and approximately 60 centers internationally.
The exam eligibility period (the period of time during which applicants are able to test) is two years. The eligibility period starts on the day the application is approved. An individual may take the examination up to four times within this two year period should he/she not pass on the first attempt. Retake exams are requested by submitting an exam application and the retake fee, (select Certification Retake Fee on the payment option). Individuals who are not successful at passing the exam in four attempts will be required to resubmit an application and the required certification fee at the time of reapplication.
The member certification fee is $635US. If you are not a DAA member, sign-up for a Professional or Academic membership now to receive the member rate. There is no membership requirement to apply for DAA certification but non-members pay a higher certification fee. Review the benefits of membership or join now.
|Certification Fee||Exam Retake Fee
||4 per year for each US$3,000 in DAA membership dues, paid annually*** ($795 value per exam)
|Professional & Academic Members
* DAA Corporate members may contact to determine if you are
eligible for a free exam on behalf of your company's membership.
Have a group of people to write the exam at the same time? Special exam times can be arranged. For more information contact .
Applicants must pay the DAA certification fee by credit card as part of the online application submission process. To receive the DAA member discount, you must be logged in to the site. DAA members and non-members will be evaluated equally on the application and subsequent examination.
Candidates are responsible for complying with certification program requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the DAA Web Analyst Candidate Handbook. More information about the topics covered on the certification exam is available in the Knowledge Required for Certification. These documents should be read prior to applying for certification. For further assistance, contact the
Ready to Apply?
Apply now! You may also want to Review the application process.