Position Title: Director, Board of Directors
Reports to: Members of the Association
Purpose of Position:
Volunteer members of the Board represent the Digital Analytics Association membership. Collectively they are legally responsible for the corporation, including financial and program accountability. They define and implement the mission, vision and values of the DAA, based on their understanding of the assets, needs and goals of the industry and the DAA members.
- Assure the finances of the corporation are handled prudently and legally; approve and monitor the annual operating budget; approve allocations and grants; ensure compliance with tax and corporate law; establish and monitor financial policies and practices.
- Develop programs consistent with the mission, and evaluate their effectiveness in meeting stated goals.
- Support the Executive Director.
- Set the future vision of the organization, based on the mission and values established, and develop the work plan and measurements to assure the vision is met.
- Enhance the organization’s image by understanding the mission, vision, values and goals and communicating them to the members.
- Develop and implement a board development process to recruit, educate, evaluate and recognize volunteer board members.
- Contribute financially (various levels of membership), and with time and talent.
Willingness and ability to:
- attend scheduled board meetings
- support and participate in the DAA Industry and member meetings
- prepare in advance for board and committee discussions and decision-making
- participate in annual and strategic planning
- listen to, learn about, and communicate with the industry
Board members are expected to attend all meetings of the Board of Directors. In order to do its job, the Board must act as a group, so attendance at meetings is critical to ensure that all voices are heard. Board members, who do not attend two out of the last three meetings, cannot vote on issues before the Board. If a member misses 3 out of 4 meetings, the Board can act – upon majority vote - to remove the member from the Board.
Two years with an option to run for re-election.
Acknowledgment of Director Responsibilities
All candidates must sign and return this form to the Vote Administrator to be considered for nomination. The referenced Conflict of Interest and Statement of Principles documents are also provided for download.