Gray dates are tentative.
In September 2010, the DAA launched a new educational program to enhance the professional development of digital analytics professionals. The DAA Symposiums bring digital analytics, web analytics, marketing and business professionals together for a day of learning, professional development and networking.
Started as a pilot effort, the attendance at the first two symposiums in Seattle, Washington (hosted by Microsoft) and Austin, Texas (hosted by Dell) far exceeded expectations and attracted over 200 and 300 professionals respectfully with professionals from all over the globe in attendance. With those successes, the DAA made the symposiums a permanent program and plans on conducting a minimum of four each year.
The DAA Symposiums bring world-class speakers to where digital analytics professionals are located and makes it more convenient, less expensive, and less time away from the office to learn from experts whom they would not normally be able to hear in person.
Relevant Topics and World-Class Speakers
Symposiums have focused on themes including "The Evolution of Analytics: From Site to Social to Mobile to Predictive”; "The Art and Science of Personalization” and "Social Media Metrics, Case Studies and the Future of Web Analytics”.
The first few symposiums have attracted world-class speakers including:
- Tom Davenport, President's Distinguished Professor, Babson College, Author, Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning;
- Suresh Vittal, Vice President, Practice Leader - Customer Intelligence, Forrester;
- Jim Sterne, Founder, eMetrics Summit;
- Eric Peterson, Founder, Web Analytics Demystified;
- Ronny Kohavi, General Manager EXP, Microsoft Corporation;
- Jeffrey Eisenberg, New York Times best-selling author and industry thought leader;
- Emily Campbell, Executive Director, Global Online, Dell Inc.
Missed a Symposium? Archives and Videos Now Available!
See the whole list of available Symposium Archives in our online store!
What Attendees Say:
“The best web analytics program I have ever attended.”
“The topics were extremely relevant and the speakers were excellent.”
“I heard a lot of people saying it was the best meeting they’ve attended in a long time.”
What Sponsors Say:
“Great focused format and content with an unexpectedly diverse crowd. Looking forward to the next ones!” Scott McCartney, Head – BD & Marketing, Americas; eClerx
“Sponsoring the DAA Symposium proved to be a great use of our marketing dollars. The symposium provided Keystone Solutions with a great opportunity to network with the leading practitioners and companies in our industry. As a result, we have identified a number of partnership opportunities and this will positively impact our exponential growth rate.” Chris Olenik, Senior Director, Global Sales
Opportunities for Participation:
Attend a Symposium:
Symposiums are open to all professionals in the digital analytics industry. Past attendees include: analytics and business decision makers, consultants, practitioners, and vendors. Symposiums registration fees for members are $10 and non-members are $50. If you are not a member of the DAA now is the time to join.
Sponsor a Symposium:
Symposiums are a great way for your company to be introduced to a wide spectrum of professionals in the analytics industry. Symposium bring together digital analytics, marketing and business professionals from throughout the area for a day of learning, professional development, and networking. Don't miss this opportunity to join the DAA in what has proven to be a productive day.
View the sponsorship opportunities and contact to discuss your participation.
Host a Symposium:
A win-win situation for your company. Take advantage of a program that has proved successful time after time!
Benefits of Hosting a DAA Symposium
Your City + Your Company + Your Employees = Easy Button
- Employees learn from world-class experts who they may not have other opportunities to hear or meet
- Professional networking opportunities
- Unlimited number of employees can attend the symposium at no or very low cost
- No travel time or cost for your employees
- Exposure + Visibility = Global Marketing
- Recognized as an official sponsor of the symposium
- Company executives can make a stand alone presentation and/or sit on a panel
- Demonstrates your company’s support of the digital analytics industry
- Showcase your technology and tool via an exhibit table
Requirements for Hosting a DAA Symposium
- Minimum required planning time of at least 90 days from the point when the date and venue are secured
- Form a planning team of company employees who will lead the symposium planning efforts along with other professionals in your area. DAA staff will be involved every step of the process.
- Provide a conference room for 275+ attendees
- Provide access to catering and audio/visual contacts and services
- Provide a contiguous space for approximately ten, six foot tables for a sponsor exhibit area
- Provide assistance with contacting partners for symposium sponsorships
- Provide an executive to serve as emcee of symposium
- Provide volunteers for day of logistics
Any company interested in hosting a future symposium should contact .