2009 WAALTER Award: WAA Leadership and Technical Excellence Recognition
See the 2009 Winners!
The Web Analytics Association has established the WAALTER Awards to recognize companies and individuals who are leaders and innovators in the field of web analytics. The objective is to encourage creative and innovative projects or initiatives that embody the web analytics industry’s best practices. In doing so, WAA hopes to improve the collective knowledge and success of web analytic practitioners.
The 2009 WAALTER Award will recognize companies and individuals who have demonstrated thoughtful and measurable leadership and innovation in the field of web analytics in 2008. The winning entries will be announced at the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit – the official Summit of the WAA - in May, 2009.
The Entry Packet
The entry packet is the information posted here on the website in printable format, including award category descriptions and instructions. Download the entry packet! [.4M PDF]
Entries must be for a project or initiative that ran and results completed in calendar year 2008. Corporate and individual entries are acceptable. Only WAA members are eligible to enter. There is no limit on the number of entries an individual or company may submit.
Deadline for entries is 5:00 PM PST on March
16 31, 2009. Entry is not confirmed until payment is received. Payments can be made online via credit card or by sending a check made payable to Web Analytics Association along with your entry packet. (See details below.)
This award recognizes the achievements of a leader whose commitment to web analytics directly influences the direction and success of his or her company and inspires change throughout the industry. It is expressly designed to honor those individuals who by visionary hard work and creative insight have positively impacted the web analytics industry. The individual should embody the spirit of innovation that drives the growth of web analytics as an integral part of Customer Experience Management; and one who actively shares lessons learned and acts as a mentor to others.
- Made significant and sustaining contribution to web analytics over time, either in the promotion of web analytics role in driving profitable business growth or significant advancements of web analytic methodologies
- Creates unique solutions to web analytic problems
- Looks for new online measurement strategies and stays current in web analytics
- Is respected and recognized as a leader
This award honors a corporation that has made significant contribution in the following areas:
- Web analytics advancement
- An active supporter of industry education programs and activities which foster and promote excellence
- Innovative use of web analytics to prove profitable growth in business
Entries should be presented as a Case Study in free format and should include the following:
- Brief description of issue/problem
- Overview of project/initiative and implementation process, including: technologies, constraints, challenges and innovation
- Measurable results
- Any additional information you would like the judges to consider
- Name of individual or corporation submitting entry with complete contact information
Completed entries must be received by March 16, 2009 and can be sent electronically to
or via post to:
Web Analytics Association
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 600
Wakefield, MA 01880
Attn: WAALTER AWARDS
Acknowledgement of Receipt
All contacts will be notified via email upon receipt of entry.
Entries will be judged based upon their quantitative success in achieving goals, their impact upon the organization or industry, and their use of innovation in driving results.
To ensure objectivity and unbiased voting, the judging panel will be comprised of respected leaders in the web analytics industry. Judges for the 2009 awards are:
- Angie Brown, Elsevier
- Julien Coquet, OX2
- Laura Paxia, ImetriX
- Marshall Sponder, Monster
Contact and Questions
Please direct questions about the awards program to Clare Madden at
or +1 (781) 876-6265.