Application Process and Checklist
In order to successfully complete the application you will need to complete the following tasks. (See below for eligibility requirements and pricing.)
- Complete the application form [Retaking the exam? Re-apply to retake the exam.]
- Pay your certification fees
- When your application is complete, you will receive the exam scheduling information from a DAA staff member. If your application is incomplete or if additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
In order to become a Certified Web Analyst™, web analysts must meet the DAA's examination, education and experience requirements. Individuals can meet the eligibility requirements by fulfilling either of the following two options:
- High-school diploma (or global equivalent) and five years of online business experience, with at least three of those years focused on web analytics experience within the range of topics described in the Knowledge Required for Certification document.
- Four year degree (bachelor's or global equivalent) and three years of web analytics experience within the range of topics described in the Knowledge Required for Certification document.
- In some cases, individuals may substitute related experience in other analytical disciplines such as business intelligence and database marketing to meet up to two years of the work experience listed above.
- Individuals may substitute one year of additional online business experience for two years of the education listed in Option 2 above.
Decisions on the acceptance of substitutions will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the certification administrator before submitting your application.
Internet-Based Online Exams
The DAA CWA exam is offered in an Internet-Based Testing format. To improve the testing experience for certification candidates, the CWA exam is now administered on an internet-based testing platform. Following acceptance and payment exam candiates will be provided information to access a single online exam sitting. – apply now!
Scheduling Your Exam
The exam eligibility period (the period of time during which applicants are able to test) is one year. The eligibility period starts on the day the application is approved. An individual may take the examination up to four times within this one year period should he/she not pass on the first attempt. Retake exams are requested by submitting a shortened retake exam application and the retake fee, (select Certification Retake Fee on the payment option). Individuals who are not successful at passing the exam in four attempts will be required to resubmit an application and the required certification fee at the time of reapplication.
Following acceptance and approval of your application and payment, you will be provided information to access and complete your online exam.
The member certification fee is $635US. If you are not a DAA member, sign-up for a Professional or Academic membership now to receive the member rate. There is no membership requirement to apply for DAA certification but non-members pay a higher certification fee. Review the benefits of membership or join now.
|Certification Fee||Exam Retake Fee|
|Corporate Members*||4 per year for each US$3,000 in DAA membership dues, paid annually*** ($795 value per exam)||$99US|
|Professional & Academic Members||$635US||$99US|
* DAA Corporate members may contact the membership office to determine if you are eligible for a free exam on behalf of your company's membership.
Applicants must pay the DAA certification fee by credit card as part of the online application submission process. To receive the DAA member discount, you must be logged in to the site. DAA members and non-members will be evaluated equally on the application and subsequent examination.
Candidates are responsible for complying with certification program requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the DAA Web Analyst Candidate Handbook. More information about the topics covered on the certification exam is available in the Knowledge Required for Certification. These documents should be read prior to applying for certification. For further assistance, contact the certification administrator.