DAA Board of Directors Election Process
A number of Board positions are filled by election each year. This section describes the details of the nomination and voting process. Current information about the election process, eligibility, and nominations are maintained on this page.
1.1. Vote Administration
In order to maintain impartiality, the vote will be administered by Virtual, Inc., (the "Vote Administrator”) the Digital Analytics Association’s management company. No members will have access to the voting during or after the election and no member will be involved in the tabulating of the results.
The Nominating Committee will determine any additional criteria for eligibility and submitting qualifications for nomination as a Digital Analytics Association elected Director.
Requirements for New Nominees:
- Paid member of the DAA.
- Four years industry experience as a practitioner, consultant, vendor or educator in digital analytics.
- Ability to provide strategic direction relative to the expansion of the association into the full digital analytics industry.
- Significant senior management experience from large enterprises and with previous board experience.
- Exemplifies leadership qualities by way of teaching, presenting, writing or dedicating volunteer time to the benefit of the digital/web marketing or analytics industries.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Is able to commit up to 10 hours per month to activities related to their role on the board.
- Is able to attend three face-to-face meetings per year (air/hotel covered by you or your employer).
Requirements for Directors Seeking Re-election:
- Paid member of the DAA.
- Summary of contributions to the DAA to date in current and/or previous role on the Board with authorization to edit and publish for member review.
Nominations for the Digital Analytics Association Board will be accepted from March 21, 2016 through 11:59 PM ET on April 8, 2016 ("End of Nominations").
Nominations will be accepted via email; all nominations must include the required documentation, refer to section 1.5.
Members are allowed to nominate themselves for election. In this case, both the nomination and acceptance may be submitted together.
The election process will include both a slate and at-large positions and any member who is interested in serving on the Board will have the opportunity to submit their name to the Nominating Committee. No one on the Nominating Committee will be up for election in 2016 and the Nominating Committee undertakes its activity independently from the Board.
The Nominating Committee will prepare a list of candidates comprised of both qualified self-nominations and candidates identified by the Nominating Committee. The Slate will be selected by the Nominating Committee to reflect the most desirable mix of capabilities supporting the organization’s current and future direction and that are strategic thinkers with solid leadership skills that will also create board level diversity in geographic and product experience. At-Large candidates will be selected from the list by the Nominating Committee based on candidates who meet the qualifications for serving on the Board of Directors. All "At-large” candidates must have a minimum of one year of DAA service either serving on a DAA initiaitve or working on behalf of DAA on an approved activity.
In 2016, the following seats are available:
- The ballot sent to members will include a slate of candidates recommended by the Nominating Committee. The slate will consist of three Board seats and will be voted as a block. Members can either vote for the slate or against the slate, via not voting for the Slate.
- There are also three Board seats voted on for the At-Large seats. Members will vote for any of the individual At-large positions. For the "At-large” position(s) a list of nominated candidates will be presented for election to the general membership and the candidates with the highest number of votes pursuant to existing election guidelines and policies will be elected to the Board of Directors.
1.4 Accepting Nominations
On receipt of the nomination, the Vote Administrators will contact each nominee to verify that they were aware of the nomination, accept the nomination, meet or will meet the qualifications, and are willing to put in the time commitment required. On receipt of an affirmative response to all questions, the individual will be forwarded to the Nominating Committee for review to ascertain that all eligibility requirements have been met. The Nominating Committee will schedule a conference call to prepare the slate of nominees to present to the membership.
1.5 Submitting a Nomination
The nominee must complete the submission form in full; read and understand the DAA Statement of Principals, Conflict of Interest, and the Roles and Responsibilities to successfully complete a nomination submission. Please contact the vote administrator with any questions concerning the submission form or election documents.
Complete the Board of Director nomination submission form
- Answer all questions completely
- Sign the acknowledgement statement included on the submission form
- Include the nominees resume (separate file preferred)
- Read and understand the Statement of Principals
- Read and understand Conflict of Interest
- Read and understand the Board member Roles & Responsibilities
It is important that you read and understand the above noted documents as the submission form requires your agreement to these important documents. All nominees must complete the submission form by 11:59 PM ET on April 8, 2016 in order to be included as a nominee.
1.6 Posting of Nominees and Qualifications
The list of nominees and the supporting background material provided will be posted to the Digital Analytics Association member Website. This information will be available to all Digital Analytics Association members for review and consideration once the voting goes live.
1.7 Soliciting Support
The supporting material provided as a part of nomination acceptance, along with demonstrated participation and leadership in Digital Analytics Association activities is expected to be sufficient information about the candidate's qualifications to make a voting decision.
Digital Analytics Association email lists should not be used to announce or solicit support for election. Questions or clarifications on process or execution should be directed to the Vote Administrator and the Executive Director.
1.8 Voting Period
Voting will open on April 29, 2016. Voting will close on May 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM ET. Only votes received during this time will be counted as cast, late ballot submissions will not be accepted; one ballot may be submitted by each voting member. The vote is administered by a secure website and all votes are confidential.
1.9 Voting Members
The Digital Analytics Association maintains a database of voting members. Prior to the voting period, a communication will be sent via electronic mail to notify members of the voting period.
The set of members eligible to vote in a Director election are those that were members of the Digital Analytics Association in good standing at the start of the voting period.
A link to the ballot will be sent via electronic mail to all voting members at the start of the voting period. A reminder email will be sent at the start of the second week of the voting period and twenty four hours prior to the close of the voting period.
Votes will be cast electronically, as administered by the Vote Administrator and Executive Director.
Each voter will be asked to vote as follows:
- Slate: One vote for the Slate as submitted or votes against the Slate by abstaining from voting for the Slate.
- At-Large: Three candidates.
The Slate will either be voted up or down. The three At-Large candidates with the greatest number of votes will be elected to the Board. In the event of the Slate not receiving sufficient votes to be elected, a new election will be scheduled. To cast a vote, the Voting Member should submit an online ballot. All votes cast will remain confidential.
Votes must be cast before the close of the voting period. If a confirmation reply is not received, the ballot should be re-sent or the Vote Administrator and the Executive Director to ensure that the vote is received and counted.
1.11 Result Posting and Notification
After the close of voting, the Executive Director will deliver the election results to the Board Chair and the President. The Executive Director will contact those candidates who have been elected. Details of vote counts or the order of the other candidates will not be published.
1.12 Announcement of New Directors
Candidates who have been elected will be announced to the membership shortly after all candidates have been notified. Those selected will officially take office at the Board of Directors meeting in June 2016. Based on schedule requirements, the Digital Analytics Association President and Executive Director or delegated individuals will hold an 'orientation' conference call or meeting to discuss the current board processes, meeting schedules, and activities, and will subscribe the new directors to the appropriate mailing lists.
1.13 Nominating Committee
The Board of Directors shall appoint a Nominating Committee, which shall recommend to the Members (or to the Board of Directors in the case of a vacacy to be filled by the Board of Directors) nominees for election to the Board of Directors.