Beyond Web Analytics Interviews a Certified Web Analyst™
In this episode, the Beyond Web Analytics team talks with Joel Wright about the Digital Analytics Association Certification and his experience in taking and passing the test at eMetrics in San Jose this year. The group discusses motivation for taking the test and the skills needed and preparation to be successful with the test. The conversation also dives into the types of items measured, and thoughts on what it will take to really gain industry wide acceptance of the test.
DAA Certified Web Analyst™ computer-based daily testing options are available at over 170 centers in US and 60 centers internationally – Applications now being accepted!
About the DAA Web Analyst Certification Program™
The Digital Analytics Association (DAA) Web Analyst Certification Program™ is a voluntary certification program. The purpose of the program is to provide a mechanism for individuals to obtain professional recognition after demonstrating their knowledge of and competency within the web analytics industry. Certification will be issued to each qualified person upon meeting DAA’s required education, experience, and examination requirements.
“My new role specifically included ‘DAA Certified’ on the job specification. As one of only a handful of certified professionals in the UK; being DAA Certified helped me stand out from the crowd.”
Paul Cook – Foviance, London UK
See more testimonials!
The Knowledge Required for Certification provides an overview of the broad domain of knowledge required for DAA Web Analyst Certification™.
Benefits of Certification
Certification places professionals with the credential apart from those without it. DAA Certified Web Analysts™ demonstrate a commitment to the profession and a desire to reach the highest standards. Certification provides individuals with:
- Public recognition of professional achievement
- Credential that demonstrates expertise in web analytics
- Enhanced credibility to clients and employers
- Competitive advantage over non-certified individuals
- Improved likelihood of employment and advancement within the field
Employers use certification to make informed decisions. Certification provides employers with a means to:
- Identify potential new hires that already possess your company’s required expertise
- Promote your company’s capabilities by employing certified web analysts
- Enhance services provided from both a quality and financial perspective
- Maintain a more productive human asset
- Ensure ongoing professional development and proficiency of employees
- Motivate employees to expand their knowledge and skills
Promotional activities are currently being developed by DAA that will help employers and potential clients identify and understand the benefits of working with individuals who have obtained the designation of a DAA Certified Web Analyst™.