To be eligible to renew your Certified Web Analyst™ certification, you need to accumulate 40 professional development units from the time of certification to the time of expiry.
About Professional Development Units (PDU)
- 40 Professional Development Units (PDU) are required every two years to maintain certification. Get the Professional Maintenance Guide [70kb .pdf]
- PDUs are earned for time spent practicing activities that are directly related to those set out in the Knowledge Required for Certification document.
- PDUs accumulate for a two year period starting immediately after becoming certified or having your certification renewed.
- PDUs cannot be carried over to the next two year timeframe or be transferred to another person.
- All evidence submitted will be considered by the PDU committee. The validity of the submission will be evaluated and PDUs awarded. You will be notified if short of requirements. Any disputes should be addressed to the Certification Administrator.
- Topics of submitted material may be similar over time, but the material must be unique. We will maintain a record of all submitted material from day one.
- The certification team will consider other efforts to gain or impart knowledge on a case by case basis.
- Three months prior to the month your certificate will expire you will receive a reminder to submit maintenance documentation and payment. The documentation will be submitted to the Certification Director, and payment will be available by credit card. Specific details will be made available to CWA in the reminder notice, and are also below.
- Generally, PDU submissions for the two year requirement will be submitted in one unit. Only activity for which there is a question of applicability toward PDU should be submitted prior to the time of submitting cumulative evidence for PDU. This is to allow time for a review to determine possible acceptance of the activity and if accepted how many PDU will apply.
How to complete your application for certification maintenance
Part I: Pay the appropriate fee.
On-time renewal rates (within three months of certificate expiry):
Late renewal rates (3 months to 1 year past certificate expiry):
Fully expired rates
Individuals who have not filed a certification maintenance application within one year of the certification expiration date may gain certification by paying the current fee and passing the certification exam again.
Part II: Submit the application for renewal to the Certification Administrator
A scanned/digital copy of your maintenance form and documentation showing PDU are required to maintain certification.
Stay in Touch
In order to stay in touch with the DAA certification committee, send any email or address changes to the Certification Administrator.
Please contact the Certification Administrator for any questions relating to the maintenance of your certification.