Event Website: https://continuingstudies.sauder.ubc.ca/courses/introduction-web-analytics/iv201
This course can be applied to the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics
or the Certificate in Web Intelligence
Discover how web analytics can drive higher profits, improve the customer experience, and create measurable value to your business. Drawing extensively from case studies and practical applications, explore the key concepts, techniques and practices of web analytics, and how you can successfully promote the use of web analytics within your organization.
Note: This course is recommended as a foundation for all other digital analytics courses.
Course topics include:
- key concepts including analytics, key terms and how they are used
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), why they are important
- measuring actions: the conversion chain
- understanding the difference between data collection methods
- key tools and diagnostics based on different web site objectives
- the fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)measurement
- the fundamentals of visitor behavior analysis
- measuring and optimizing paid search campaigns
- how to develop KPIs that are aligned with your mission and business objectives
- the analyst skill set: who and what you'll need.
Standard Fee: $740
Digital Analytics Association Members qualify for a special member rate of $640 CAD. Enter the associated coupon code from the membership section of the Digital Analytics Association website to receive this discount.
If you have significant digital/web analytics experience, you may delay taking this course or substitute another approved course to complete the program requirements. You will need to submit a Prior Learning Assessment Request Form. The following are approved substitutions for Introduction to Web Analytics: Fundamentals of Business Analysis, Project Management Fundamentals and Program Management Governance.
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System. This course runs from November 14th to December 12th.