Event Website: https://continuingstudies.sauder.ubc.ca/courses/measuring-marketing-campaigns-online/iv204
This course can be applied to the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics or the Certificate in Web Intelligence.
Discover how to identify the critical metrics you need to know to assess and achieve greater ROI for marketing initiatives. Evaluate the impact of campaign results by measuring online/offline interactions, including methodologies for tracking the impact of online channels such as email, paid search (pay-per-click), organic search (higher page ranking in search engines) and display ads, and other social/PR efforts. Get an overview of technologies such as ad servers, rich media, bid-management systems, and online research tools with an emphasis on campaign measurement and testing.
Course topics include:
- understanding how to use web analytics to optimize paid search campaigns and affiliate programs
- how to achieve greater return on investment for online marketing initiatives and evaluate the impact of campaign results
- how to optimizing display ad campaigns
- how to measure offline drive to websites.
- brand tracking methods
- understanding what can be tracked and measured for online campaigns.
- analyzing display advertising, rich media, brand and buzz
- email campaign effectiveness from delivery to website conversion
- campaign process analysis - define business objectives, define conversion events, define key performance metrics, collect data and assess, make changes and do over.
Note: We recommend taking Introduction to Web Analytics (IV201) prior to this course.
Standard Fee: $740
Digital Analytics Association Members qualify for a special member rate of $640 CAD. Enter the associated coupon code from the membership section of the Digital Analytics Association website to receive this discount.
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System. This course runs from November 14th to December 12th.