Senior Digital Analyst, NPR
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. The NPR audience values information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – and our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
Do you have a passion for digital analytics and a thirst to apply your knowledge to media? Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people in a mission-driven environment? Then this role is for you. You will extract insights from complex media usage data sets, work with NPR stations on analyses and insights, and be an analytics thought leader for public media. You have a unique blend of thoughtful data-driven curiosity and pragmatism. You know how to make data come to life and be actionable. And you love the idea of using data to make NPR (and the world) a better place.
Senior Digital Analyst, NPR
|Posting Start Date:
- Be the primary face of NPR to member stations for key digital audience analytics trends, analyses, insights, and training, as part of NPR’s station-facing analytics service.
- Function as a thought leader across multiple data sets and digital properties, including station websites, apps, live audio streams, and podcast metrics.
- Conduct analyses and experiments using digital analytics data that help stations better understand their performance and make the insights actionable so stations apply the learnings.
- Set best practices for which metrics matter most across public media and how to use analytics to drive decision making and encourage a more data-informed culture inside and outside of NPR.
- Communicate trends and analyses with stations and internal colleagues through monthly webinars, blog posts, social media, conference presentations, and internal meetings.
- Conduct station training around data collection, analysis skills, and best practices (e.g., GA campaign tracking, social media measurement best practices).
- Assist the support team with answering station questions.
- Own data collection processes and standards for station digital platforms to ensure data consistency (e.g., custom dimensions in Google Analytics) and collaborate with the Product Owner of NPR’s Station Analytics System on applying those standards.
- Serve as analytics Subject Matter Expert on station-facing product strategy and execution, including NPR’s Station Analytics System and other station-facing NPR tools such as content editors, donation forms, social media tools, and station portals.
- Collaborate with Product Owners by helping them measure product performance, mentoring them on the use of analytics data, and generating insights that inform product development.
- Communicate effectively with small teams, formal presentations, and at business unit events with engaging storytelling.
- Build strong working relationships at all levels with internal clients and build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues.
- Four-year college degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, or related area.
- 5+ years of experience in digital analytics, ideally in news media.
- Proven expertise and deep experience with Google Analytics.
- Data analysis skills using Excel.
- Experience in developing data visualization independently or with tools.
- Good understanding of basic web technology and HTML.
- Tag management and BigQuery experience is a plus.
- Experience with Nielsen, comScore, and/or audio measurement a plus.
- Experience with statistical computing using R, SAS, SPSS, or S-Plus is a plus.
- Experience working with digital product teams in an Agile environment, in particular creating and executing measurement plans for digital products.
- Strong analysis and experimental design skills with a keen sense for data gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing data-driven research from project inception to client communication.
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills, particularly at explaining complex quantitative information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Not just a tolerance but a zeal for multitasking. At the same time show a clear sense for priorities and commitment to follow-through.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
||This listing expires on: 10/7/2017