Data Architect, Analytics - Lead Specialist
Are you an experienced analytics professional who has demonstrated experience in translating marketing and customer data into actionable insights? Are you passionate about telling data-driven stories that influence key business decisions? Are you interested in analyzing the cost and impact of marketing programs that advance the Deloitte brand, client relationships and deliver on the strategic objectives of marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
Preferred locations: New York, Atlanta, Tampa, FL, Chicago, Washington, DC, Boston
Work you’ll do
Deloitte Services LP is seeking an analytics data architect to support, improve and scale the organization’s data architecture. This professional will partner with internal clients to understand desired business questions to be answered, drive requirements, propose solutions and manage the delivery of multiple cross-functional data, reporting and analytics projects and integrations between different systems.
· Serve as the technical expert responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of BI/DW solutions, with complete and accurate information information/ data delivery to business users using maintainable, systematic, and automated procedures.
· Make recommendations and guidance about data collection methods, master data management concepts, metrics, data definitions, and data evaluation methods, in collaboration with internal and external partners. .
· Partner with internal clients to gather business requirements for data and reporting enhancements, change requests and new functionality.
· Map configurations and complex data architectures, ensuring documentation meets current and forecasted needs.
· Help establish and define data validation, data cleansing, data integration, and transformation practices.
· Facilitate data, reporting and analytics design review sessions, testing cycles, including the creation of test scenarios and scripts, validation and other post-deployment activities.
· Establish close partnerships within the IT department and with the business teams to provide data strategy expertise, ensuing overall data quality within all enterprise systems (e.g., enterprise data warehouse) including interfaces between applications/ systems.
· Stay abreast of contemporary technology trends/concepts and serve as an SME for the business teams.
· Manage issues and bugs within the system using tracking/ support systems; liaise with internal and external resources to facilitate resolution and closure.
· Work with vendor to validate and refine technical specifications against business requirements
· Communicate with external vendors and other departments to resolve production issues, upgrades, and software evaluations.
· Prepare for and participate in vendor relationship activities and stewardship meetings on an ongoing basis.
Deloitte’s data and technology COE team combines the power of Deloitte’s brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measureable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.