WAA Announces Finalists in the 2011 Awards for Excellence
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wakefield, MA – February 24, 2011 – The WAA (Web Analytics Association) is pleased to announce the category finalists in the inaugural WAA Awards for Excellence. After a two-week open call for nominations period in which all WAA members and non-members were invited to nominate outstanding contributions to the web analytics profession from individuals, agencies, vendors and practitioners, the WAA membership has narrowed down a list of 60 nominees to the top five in each category. Winners will be announced at the WAA Gala on March 15, 2011, in San Francisco, CA.
Finalists in the WAA Awards for Excellence were named in the following five categories: Web Analytics Rising Star, Most Influential Industry Contributor, Most Influential Agency or Vendor, Practitioner of the Year, and Innovator/Technology of the Year. A panel of esteemed industry influencers, including WAA directors, will lead the second rigorous round of judging to determine a recipient in each category.
The WAA Awards for Excellence finalists include:
Client/Practitioner of the Year
- Shari Cleary, Vice President, Digital Media Research for Entertainment and Games, MTV Networks
- Dell, Testing & Targeting Team
- Joe Megibow, Global Analytics and Optimization, Expedia.com
- Bob Page, VP Analytics, eBay
Most Influential Agency/Vendor
- Analysis Exchange
- ForeSee Results
- IQ Workforce
- VKI Studios
Most Influential Industry Contributor
- Avinash Kaushik, Analytics Evangelist, Google
- Emer Kirrane, Manager of Web Analytics, Yahoo!
- Evan LaPointe, Vice President, Director of Client Performance & Analytics, Search Discovery
- Judah Phillips, Senior Director, Monster
- Rudi Shumpert, Senior Director, The Keystone Solution
Web analytics Rising Star
- Michele Hinojosa, Director, Digital Analytics, Red Door Interactive
- Nick Mihailovski, Developer Relations, Google Analytics
- Gemma Muñoz, Consultora Estratégica Analítica Web at Freelance
- Ann Poritzky, Web Analytics Lead, U.S. National Institutes of Health
- Chris Rorie, Association Director of Analytics, MRM Worldwide
Innovator/Technology of the Year
- Beyond Web Analytics Podcast
- Justin Cutroni, Director Web Intelligence, Webshare
- Audience Data Best Practices Team, Turner Broadcasting System Inc
Tickets for the Gala can be purchased as part of the registration process for the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, the Official Summit of the WAA or on the WAA website. Seating is limited. Tables are available.
About The Web Analytics Association
Founded by Web analytics industry leaders in 2004, the mission of the WAA is to lead and support its members by providing quality education, developing standards and best practices, conducting research and advocating for issues that advance the industry. The organization has more than 1,500 members worldwide, representing forty countries and a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the WAA, or to become a member, visit the WAA Web site at www.webanalyticsassociation.org.
blast! PR for the WAA
(919) 833-9975 x7003