Digital Analytics Association Reveals 2014 Awards for Excellence Recipients at San Francisco Gala
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Posted by: Administration
Additional Awards Also Bestowed
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - March 19, 2014 - Last night the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) revealed the recipients - selected from more than 90 nominations - of its fourth annual Awards for Excellence. Each year, the global awards competition honors outstanding contributions to the field of digital analytics.
The DAA is an international association whose mission is to help organizations illuminate and overcome the challenges of data acquisition, exploration, deduction and application. The awards announcement was made at the March 18 2014 DAA Awards for Excellence Gala held here during the eMetrics Summit, the Official Conference of the DAA.
The award categories and recipients are:
- Digital Analytics Rising Star:
Krista Seiden, Product Marketing Manager, Google
- Most Influential Industry Agency/Vendor:
- Most Influential Industry Contributor:
Justin Cutroni, Analytics Evangelist, Google
- New Technology of the Year (TIE):
comScore's Digital Analytix Multi-Platform
- Practitioner of the Year:
David Booth, Co-founder & Partner, Cardinal Path
Over 90 nominations were submitted for this year's awards, and 25 finalists - who were also recognized at the Gala event -- were earlier determined by votes from the DAA's 5,000-plus members. The final award recipients were selected by a panel of more than 30 distinguished independent judges who represent the digital analytics industry from all sectors.
"Once a year the DAA has a special opportunity to honor the individuals and organizations who are making outstanding contributions to the field of digital analytics, and we congratulate the recipients on their achievements," said Charles Davis, VP, Solutions Director at Blast Analytics & Marketing and Chair of the Awards for Excellence Committee. "This evening is also an occasion for us to step back and celebrate the big picture: we applaud all the great work that's being done in the industry, and we recognize the importance of those efforts in strengthening our profession and raising its profile."
Three additional awards were also presented at the Gala:
- The Jim Novo Award of Academic Excellence, presented by the DAA and the UBC Continuing Studies to the graduate(s) with the highest grade average over all four courses of the UBC Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics, went to Katrin Sauerwein and Tania Flagg.
- The President's Awards, given to people who have gone above and beyond the call of duty for the DAA, went to Christopher Berry of Authintic and Caleb Whitmore of Analytics Pros.
- The Chair's Award, given to honor outstanding leadership, was presented to John Lovett of Web Analytics Demystified, outgoing Board President.
The Gala has been supported by the DAA's generous sponsors: ObservePoint at the Gold level; Adobe, Anametrix, Google and Tealium at the Silver level; and Localytics for the reception.
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association that helps members become more valuable through education, community, research and advocacy. The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has more than 5,000 members worldwide, representing 40 countries and a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the DAA, or to become a member, visit the DAA website at www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.