DAA's Fall Programs Kick Off Oct. 16 with a "Monster Analytics Mash Up" in Seattle
Monday, October 13, 2014
Posted by: Administration
Analytics Courses, Storytelling Workshops, Regional Symposiums Scheduled in a Range of Cities
WAKEFIELD, Mass. – Oct. 13, 2014 – The Digital Analytics Association (DAA) today announced its fall 2014 schedule of events for digital analytics professionals in various locations in the United States and Canada. Instructor-led Essential courses, interactive Storytelling Workshops and locally organized Symposiums all offer high-quality analytics education in practitioners' home cities. Interested parties are advised to register for their choice of events soon, as spaces are limited and certain offerings are already full.
The DAA Essential Series (formerly called Base Camps) is an interactive, discussion-based education program that provides the opportunity to acquire a broad base of fundamental knowledge and skills quickly, while preparing attendees to function successfully as digital analysts. Two courses are offered -- Fundamentals of Digital Analytics and Applying Digital Analytics. Classes are kept to a maximum of 30 participants. The instructor is analytics authority Jim Novo, a customer retention, defection, and loyalty expert with decades of experience generating exceptional returns on customer marketing program investments.
The Essential Series 2014 course schedule is:
- Philadelphia -- October 29, 2014 -- Fundamentals of Digital Analytics
- Philadelphia -- October 31, 2014 -- Applying Digital Analytics
- Chicago -- December 9, 2014 -- Fundamentals of Digital Analytics
- Chicago -- December 11, 2014 -- Applying Digital Analytics
More information and registration is available on the DAA website. Tuition is $700 per course for DAA members; $950 for non-members: an individual professional membership pays for itself with one class.
DAA Storytelling Workshops teach digital analytics professionals how to tell compelling stories with their data – ones that will capture high-level managers' attention. Storytelling is now a popular concept in data analysis, but it’s one thing to understand the value of crafting persuasive and factual stories from collected data, and yet another to be able to do it well. Storytelling Workshop attendees will learn how to avoid common storytelling mistakes, as well as the right way to tell stories based on data. Instructor is Meta S. Brown, who translates analytics into plain English and who has helped organizations across the globe increase their profits with the help of statistics, data mining and text mining. She is the author of Data Mining for Dummies. Workshop registration is $295 for DAA members and $395 for non-members.
The fall 2014 Storytelling Workshop schedule includes:
- Philadelphia -- October 30, 2014
- San Francisco -- November 13, 2014
- Toronto -- November 18, 2014
- Chicago -- December 10, 2014
Often following the Storytelling Workshops, the DAA's half-day Symposiums offer programs with world-class speakers and local digital analytics professionals, plus ample networking time for attendees, for convenient and cost-effective ($25) opportunities for learning. The fall schedule includes:
- Seattle -- October 16, 2014: "Monster Analytics Mash Up"
- Philadelphia -- October 30, 2014: "The Art and Science of Digital Analytics"
- Boston -- November 5, 2014: "Digital Analytics at the Center of the ____ Universe"
- San Francisco -- November 13, 2014: "Getting Data Right: Optimizing Performance Using Quantitative AND Qualitative Practices"
- Toronto -- November 18, 2014: "The Growing World But Increasing Focus of Digital Analytics"
- Chicago -- December 10, 2014: "Get It Together: Converging Online and Offline Data to Drive Business"
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association that helps members become more valuable through education, community, research and advocacy. The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has more than 5,000 members worldwide, representing 40 countries and a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the DAA, or to become a member, visit the DAA website at www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.