Digital Analytics Association's Global Membership Elects 2015-16 Directors and Officers
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Posted by: Administration
Casey Carey of Google Is New President
WAKEFIELD, Mass. – June 2, 2015 – The Digital Analytics Association (DAA) today announced its 2015-16 Board of Directors, the results of an election held recently among the DAA's members worldwide.
Five new Directors were elected to two-year terms: Robin Chiang, VP, Product Measurement, Testing & Intelligence, First Data Corporation; Colin Coleman, VP of Customer Insights & Analytics, Personal Solutions Group, Equifax; Adam Greco, Senior Partner, Web Analytics Demystified; Deanna Pagano, Global Director, Digital Analytics, MetLife; and Amy Sample, Senior Director, Digital Analytics, Public Broadcasting Service.
Incumbent Directors Ned Kumar, Digital Strategist, FedEx Services; and Steve Petitpas, General Manager, Microsoft.com, Production Studios & Events, Microsoft Corporation, were re-elected.
The Board also voted to elect the following Officers for the 2015-16 year:
- Chair, Jim Sterne, President, Target Marketing (re-elected)
- President, Casey Carey, Director, Google Analytics Marketing, Google
- Vice President, Eric Feinberg, Senior Director, Product Strategy, ForeSee by Answers
- Vice President of Marketing, Steve Petitpas, Microsoft (re-elected)
- Treasurer, Ned Kumar, FedEx (re-elected)
- Secretary, Robin Chiang, First Data Corporation
"I'm confident that the DAA's new Directors and Officers will contribute the energy and insights to take the organization to the next level," said Jodi McDermott, outgoing president of the DAA and Group Vice President of Product Management at comScore. "It has been an honor to have served as President of this uniquely valuable organization, and I am proud to have helped lay the foundation for its future growth and influence."
"I look forward to taking up the responsibilities of leading the DAA," said Carey. "Over the coming year, I will work closely with the other DAA officers, Board, and members to meet our industry's challenges and to continue delivering the tools of success to digital analytics professionals worldwide."
The DAA's new Board members demonstrate impressive accomplishments:
- Robin Chiang, in her role at First Data Corporation, measures product performance, defines key business indicators and surfaces deep behavioral insights using both qualitative and quantitative approaches. Prior to First Data, she held senior positions at PayPal and eBay, serving as a senior analytics thought leader responsible for developing both website and mobile app optimization and intelligence tools. As a result of her efforts, Harvard Business Review recognized eBay’s testing capability and practice in 2011 as best-in-class.
- Colin Coleman, who previously led the digital analytics program at Turner Broadcasting, joined Equifax in May. He has been an active contributor to the DAA, and he established the DAA Media SIG. He also led the formation and execution of the DAA Atlanta Symposium, and he is a regular presenter at conferences such as eMetrics, Adobe Summit, and Xchange. In recognition of these activities, he has just received a DAA Presidents Award.
- Adam Greco has managed web analytics at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Salesforce.com. He was one of the founders of Omniture, a leading web analytics technology firm, and he now provides consulting services via Web Analytics Demystified. Greco has written hundreds of web analytics blog posts, along with a definitive book on Adobe SiteCatalyst. He has also presented at numerous industry events, co-presented the Beyond Web Analytics podcast, and was nominated for the industry's most influential contributor award.
- Deanna Pagano brings depth of analytic experience as well as breadth of business perspective – experience on the client, media and agency sides, with extensive vendor exposure. She is comfortable both being elbow-deep in a digital analytic tool and presenting recommendations to C-suite executives. As a DAA Director, she is motivated to work with the board and the larger DAA community to focus on understanding customers' behaviors, meeting their needs and as a result driving success for the companies that members represent.
- Amy Sample has led the digital analytics function at PBS for nearly eight years, growing the team from one analyst to five. She drives the digital media data strategy across all PBS brands and platforms. She is a member of the DAA's Media SIG and a co-leader of the DAA Washington, DC chapter, and she co-chaired the planning committee for the DAA's Washington, DC symposiums in 2013 and 2014.
Returning Board members who were not up for re-election are:
- Brooks Bell, Brooks Bell Agency
- Casey Carey, Adometry at Google
- Eric Feinberg, ForeSee by Answers
- Michael Rappa, Institute for Advanced Analytics
- Jim Sterne, Target Marketing
A complete list of 2015-16 Board members, including their biographies, is located on the DAA website.
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association whose mission is to make analytics professionals more effective and valuable through professional development and community. Its vision is advancing the profession of using data to improve business.
The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has nearly 4,000 members around the world, representing a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the DAA or to become a member, visit the DAA website at www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.