Anametrix Names Veteran Marketing and Analytics Strategist Pelin Thorogood CEO and Board Director
Sunday, January 06, 2013
Posted by: Anne Powell
SAN DIEGO – Jan. 3, 2013 – Anametrix co-founder and Chairman of the Board Blaise Barrelet today announces Pelin Thorogood will succeed him as CEO of the first cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform and will join the company’s board. Effective immediately, Thorogood, a 20-year veteran marketing and analytics strategist and Anametrix CMO, will lead the company’s growth as it extends its platform to help Global 2000 marketers use analytics to improve return on marketing investment (ROMI).
- Following the October Series A funding by growth equity firm TVC Capital, Anametrix is in an accelerated growth phase. Thorogood will direct the company’s strategy, expand the team to meet rapidly growing customer needs and introduce groundbreaking platform innovations – ranging from social collaboration and mobile analytics to predictive analytics.
- Anametrix is built by marketers for marketers, and Thorogood’s promotion from CMO to CEO and director demonstrates the company’s commitment to serving the real-world, real-time analytics needs of multichannel marketers. The platform offers sophisticated analytics to marketers, enabling them to improve campaign performance, increase customer lifetime value (CLV) and uncover new sources of revenue.
- Customer demand to leverage analytics to demonstrate ROMI is increasing rapidly. In the past quarter Anametrix has substantially expanded contracts within its Fortune 100 client base and added several new customers, including Condé Nast, EvoFem and Yellow Pages Canada. The company has also opened regional offices to better serve customers in Atlanta and San Francisco.
- To accommodate new hires across all departments, including an expanding team of data scientists, Anametrix will move its corporate headquarters this month to 5414 Oberlin Dr., Ste. 250, San Diego, Calif., more than doubling its current square footage.
- In addition to her new roles at Anametrix, Thorogood will retain her positions on the boards of Online Marketing Institute and Technology Leaders, and she will continue to serve as Executive-in-Residence for her alma mater, the Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.
- Both in 2011 and 2012 Thorogood was named one of the "20 Women to Watch” by the Sales Lead Management Association and is a regular speaker and author on marketing analytics, social marketing and related topics, most recently at eMetrics, Digital Analytics Association (DAA), Online Marketing Institute, Sales 2.0 Conference, Cornell Strategic Marketing Conference, Content Marketing Institute, destinationCRM and Cornell Enterprise.
- Blaise Barrelet, Anametrix co-founder, will continue to assist in his capacity as chairman of the board. He also will be exploring opportunities to extend the Anametrix analytics platform to new markets through his investment firm Analytics Ventures.
Blaise Barrelet, co-founder and CEO of Anametrix
“Pelin is the dream CEO for our three-year-old company. She is a proven business leader, expert and innovator in digital analytics. Her first-hand knowledge in multichannel marketing will contribute to Anametrix’s accelerated growth as we help our customers predict and improve their revenue growth by transforming their marketing effectiveness.”
Steve Hamerslag, TVC Capital’s Co-Founder and Managing Partner
“As the lead investor in Anametrix’s Series A round, TVC Capital immediately recognized what a superstar we had in Pelin Thorogood. We are in the marketing-analytics business, and Pelin is one of a handful of true experts in the world. Few people have her depth of knowledge and experience combined with the leadership skills it takes to be a great CEO. Her appointment is a big win for our company and customers. Moreover, it allows Anametrix’s chairman to continue championing the company as he pursues his passion for cultivating a San Diego ecosystem where analytics innovators can thrive.”
Pelin Thorogood, CEO of Anametrix
“Both Anametrix and the digital analytics industry are at a tipping point of accelerated growth, and I’m honored to be the company’s new CEO during this pivotal time. Building on our Chairman Blaise Barrelet’s legacy in the analytics sector, I pledge to execute with rigor on innovation, performance, quality and creativity in every area of our business. In the near term our team will introduce product innovations in predictive analytics and social collaboration and enhancements to our mobile analytics capabilities. We will also expand upon our customer support program to enable current and future customers to achieve returns on marketing investment they never thought possible.”
Anametrix transforms marketing with digital analytics. We collect, analyze, and make sense out of data across all marketing channels in real time to enable marketers to discover new truths about customers, prospects, and the market at large. Anametrix delivers 360-degree visibility into business data to uncover new trends and hidden correlations, explore new relationships, and deliver a bigger and more predictable impact on revenue. Founded in 2010 by the trailblazing web analytics team behind WebSideStory, Anametrix has headquarters in San Diego, Calif. For more information, visit www.anametrix.com, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and our blog.
Anametrix is a trademark of Anametrix. Other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
(619) 786-8032 ext. 5