DAA Quanties Volunteer Opportunity
The Quanties is the preeminent awards ceremony in the digital analytics industry. We are now in the process of planning the second annual event (tentatively scheduled for Sept 2019).
If you enjoy event planning, and improving a meaningful contest to recognize the best in our industry, you would be a great fit for our committee. The team works together to help establish the award categories, guidelines for entering, recruiting judges, marketing the competition, and planning the actual party itself.
This will be a year long commitment with a weekly phone conference call, supported by DAA staff and an existing, fun committee of DAA volunteers.
If you would like to volunteer for this committee or if you have questions, please contact Shannon Taylor.
DAA Certification (CWA) Marketing Volunteer Opportunity
Seeking volunteers interested in helping to increase awareness to hiring managers about DAA’s certiication program, CWA.
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
There will be 3 half hour conference calls over the period of 3 months (June, July August 2018).
If you would like to volunteer for this task force or if you have questions, please contact Marilee Yorchak, DAA Executive Director.
Join The DAA Educational Task Force (2018 Initiatives)
DAA is recruiting for its next educational task force! Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to our community, while growing your own skills and making some new networking connections? Below is a summary of this new opportunity, if you think it may be good fit then please reach out to DAA Education Manager, Dayna Williams at email@example.com
Initial Duration: Ongoing through 2018
Two Task Force Tracks: Webinar Committee or Short Certificate Committee
Key Support Activities: content selection and review, speaker/subject matter expert selection, light copy development, education product testing
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week, mostly flexible scheduling
We are pleased to invite current DAA members to volunteer for projects. We need your skills, passion, insight, and perspectives to build an energetic and diverse group of volunteers. If you're not yet a member, learn more about all the benefits of membership including volunteering.
WiA Mentor Volunteer Opportunity
We are seeking experienced analysts interested in participating in the new WiA Mentoring Program as mentors. One mentoring relationship lasts 6 months and you may continue in the program as long as you would like to. This is a member-driven program and mentoring connections are initiated by participants in the program.
- It will be the mentee’s responsibility to establish goals and will be the mentor’s responsibility to set expectations on what can be accomplished during the 6-month relationship.
- The mentor will be responsive to mentee questions in between scheduled meetings and make time to meet with the mentee regularly with the expectation of meeting 1 hour per month.
- The mentor will be respectful by showing up to calls on time and giving advance notice if a call must be rescheduled.
Become a mentor and:
- Be recognized as a leader and teacher within the digital analytics industry.
- Gain a fresh perspective and learn from your mentee.
- Experience the rewarding feeling of empowering your fellow analysts.
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile and resume by adding "Volunteer Mentor for the DAA Women in Analytics Mentoring Program."
- Earn CWA professional development units (PDUs) for participating.
As an experienced analyst, be part of DAA’s commitment to the professional development of women in analytics and be a part of shaping the future of the industry.
If you would like to volunteer as a mentor or if you have questions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
DAA Code of Ethics Update - Volunteers Needed
In 2010 cookies, "Do Not Track" and privacy concerns were serious issues affecting the digital analytics industry. In that year, the DAA's first Code of Ethics was proposed and, after a crowd-sourced initiative involving hundreds of emails, blog posts/comments and tweets from 100+ contributors, the Code was launched.
Seven years later as we approach 2018, these issues continue to be debated while new ones like GDPR, AI, IoT, cybersecurity and alternative facts raise new questions about the ethical use of data.
Purpose:In the interest of continuing to promote ethical data practices, giving the responsible treatment of consumer data the respect and attention it deserves, and helping to ensure the DAA has a stake in the conversation, we think it is time to revisit the Code of Ethics. The purpose of this task force is to:
- Update the DAA's Code of Ethics language to reflect new DAA branding
- Determine whether any new language should be added, changed or removed
- Decide how to further promote the CoE
- Discuss what role, if any, the DAA can/should play beyond the CoE
We are seeking a minimum of 5 people and a maximum of 12 to help with this task force.
- Read the Code of Ethics
- Attend kick-off call
- Participate in regular conference calls (approximately 2 - 4 one-hour calls per month for 4 months)
- Come prepared to discuss your experience and opinion
- Contribute by brainstorming, researching, writing, note-taking, surveying and promoting
- Update and re-launch the Code of Ethics by end of 2018
- Task force determined number of pledges
If you would like to volunteer for this task force or if you have questions, please contact DAA board member Aaron Maass.
DAA Community Task Force Volunteer Opportunity
Seeking volunteers interested in helping to increase participation in the DAA Community for the benefit of the membership. This will be a year long commitment.
Join the DAA Community Task Force to get leadership experience and an enhanced reputation among DAA members. Active volunteers will also receive a letter of participation that they can use in their personnel file.
DAA Community Task Force Responsibilities:
- Create conversation by starting new threads
- Reply to unanswered posts
- Encourage participation of other DAA members
- Review Recipes in the Analytics Cookbook
- Participate in a monthly call
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
There will be 2-3 hours of work per month. This group will use conference calls for group meetings but not all work will involve group discussion. Individuals will be able to complete tasks on their own when their schedule permits, such as reviewing recipes.
If you would like to volunteer for this task force or if you have questions, please contact Catherine Hackney at email@example.com.